Our client is a growing privately held film plastics company in Stanley, Wisconsin.
The Controls Technician is responsible for providing support for electronic and electro-mechanical assembly equipment and processes, including electrical equipment installation and planning, troubleshooting equipment problems, electrical panel building and restocking electrical component inventories. Position will perform and/or develop preventive maintenance plans, assist with general equipment repairs, assist with special projects, design system lay-outs, part modifications, and mechanical components.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Troubleshooting equipment problems.
2. Maintaining an electrical inventory as required.
3. Electrical panel building.
4. Providing support and training as required.
5. Electrical and general equipment installation and planning.
6. Performing preventative maintenance and general repairs.
7. Performing special projects and other duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
8. Providing on-call support.
9. Using Autodesk AutoCAD to design system layouts, part modifications, and design mechanical components.
10. Measuring physical dimensions of machinery and creating drawings.
11. Reading and interpreting technical drawings and schematics.
12. Identifying system components.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Associate’s degree in Electromechanical technology, electrical/electronic technology, mechanical technology or plastics technology AND 5 years of related experience or equivalent education and experience.
2. Five years or greater of experience in providing support for electronic or electro-mechanical production processes.
3. Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
4. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Familiarity with improvement process systems including identification, planning, implementation and auditing.
6. Computer literacy and ability to operate computer controlled machinery and equipment.
7. Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment.
Benefits and Perks
If you are looking for a family friendly casual work environment with a competitive wage and benefits package please submit your resume.